Red Max EBZ 8000 Blower can't take the heat

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by mojob, Aug 1, 2006.

1. mojob

mojob LawnSite Senior Member

Is anyone out there having problems with this blower after it warms up? Mine runs fine when you first use it in the morning, but by the time I get to my next job it doesn't want to rev and hard to start. My dealer suggested that I open the gas cap just to let the pressure out, but this didn't help. It seems to get worse on a really hot day. Anyone? .......Anyone?

2. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

how old is it? it may be the coil breaking down after it heat soaks.

3. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Yes, I have had problems on occasion with my 8000 being very hard to start but only if it is allowed to sit in direct sun and really cook. I can still start it easily after one no start pull by applying about 1/2 throttle. It is definately heat related but isnt a coil I dont think because it will run fine about 1 minute after startup.

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Happens on a lot of two stroke blowers and trimmers. We have found that if the units have carb jet adjustments you can tune out of the condition. ONe of the best is the BR420 Stihl and Echo 603(?) that have two adjusting screws for jets on the carb. The units without adj get real difficult after a year of so and I don't know what changes. I did make a bad one good by putting a new adjustable carb on a big echo backpack.

5. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

Search this forum with "RedMax 8000" and you'll see two threads from April. One is from 2k1yzfr and the other is from me. We talked this subject to death. We both got our 8000's replaced. He did say he put a screw in the yellow tubing that leads from the carb back to the fuel tank and that seemed to help it.

If you can't get it fixed, call Mike in tech support at Redmax. He was very helpful.:)

6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

i use them all day when i am working with this other landscaper everyonce in awhile, and i love them! that is going to be my next blower for sure!

7. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

The Redmax carbs are non-adjustable. If they are stilll under warranty, take them back to the dealer.

8. mojob

mojob LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the help. My dealer acted like he never heard of any problems. I have a hard time believing no one else in my area is having problems.

9. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I can say this from experince, you would not beleive how scattered redmaxes problems are! I have been to the Update seminar for Redmax the past 2 years for my other job and some problems are only in certain areas and some are happening all over.

Redmax also is a bit screwed up in the matter they recall (or how they don't recall or issue service bullettins) for problems they are having. You dealer may have been honest and not actually knew there was a problem.