Red Max EBZ8000 home owner quality?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnMower, Dec 2, 2005.

1. LawnMower

LawnMower LawnSite Senior Member

Iv been trying to like my new Red Max 8000. Iv done everything I can to treat it nice and use it for what it was intended to be used for. It just keeps breaking. I have to put a wire around the joke or the engine will stay choked. The joke seems to be getting more wiggly too. The bolt fell out of the back support and now I have a rope to keep it together. The left belt gets caught constantly on the throttle yoke. Well it did until the yoke broke off completely at the base. It broke wile it was on my back. I was trying to untangle the belt. The waist belt broke after the first few weeks of use. Iv had the Red Max since May or so. To look at it you would think iv had it for years.

I usually always buy Stihl. Iv treated this $450 blower the same way I treat my Stihl stuff, but it breaks. My Stihl back pack doesn't have the balls the Red Max dose, but at least its still all in one piece after 5 years of work.

Just beware and I will post pictures of what I mean.

small.jpg

2. LawnMower

Picture of the Micky moused joke

choke smaller.jpg

3. LawnMower

and the broken yoke.

smaller back pack handle.jpg

4. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Why don't you take it to the dealer and get it all fixed under warranty?
    There is a factory service bulletin on that choke. The dealer can get a new, improved choke assy. for it.
    Take it to the dealer, don't just gripe about it. You have a 2 year warranty.

5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Just don't be going to the dealer asking them to fix the "JOKE". They'll likely think your "CHOKING on you YOKE".

6. kemmer

kemmer LawnSite Senior Member

i havent really had any problems like that, except the yellow return line to the gas tank sometimes gets pulled out by branches, never happened on the 7000's

7. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Go and get a BR600.
    John

8. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I have 2 8000's and haven't had a bit of trouble out of either one. Sometimes you just get a lemon. Talk to your dealer and see what he will do.

9. LawnMower

Well heres the thing. I bought it from Land Scape supply on line. I think it was Land Scape supply. It was the most inexpensive way to purchase the blower. I should have got it from a dealer locally. Now I believe I have to eat it. Ill fix all this stuff my self when the clean ups slow down.

10. LawnMower

oh your so funny. lol. coulda shoulda woulda