1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Red Max Ebz8001 Sthil Br 600 Kaw KRB750B Shindiawa EB802 or EB8520 Echo PB-755SH

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by mowerdude777, Jul 28, 2009.

What blower?

1. Redmax

2. Shindiaiwa

3. Sthil

4. Echo

5. Kawasaki

Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

I am looking in to buying another backpack blower I am poen to any of theese listed modals. If you have expeirence with one of theese blowers please list the pros and cons
  2. ecko

ecko LawnSite Member

Out of all you listed, I think they are all decent blowers. If it was me, I would look at RedMax, Shindaiwa, or Stihl. What does your dealer sell? I have a BR600 and I love it... when it's running good. I really don't think you can go wrong with any of those blowers you listed. Everyone is going to tell you something different. A lot of people on here like RedMax and Stihl and I've heard good things about Shindaiwa too.

I see you have a Kawi now, why not get another?

Here's some pros of my BR600:
    Lots of power
    It's a hurricane

Adjusting valves
    Smaller gas tank
  3. mowerdude777

I have the krb 300(wayy to small for me) I do not like it all that much, I perfered my pb265l (got stolen) I have all redmax handhelds at this point except for blowers ( I have a sthil bg 55 and the kaw krb300)
  4. mowerdude777

Bump to the top
  5. T-Made

T-Made LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

I have both Stihl 550, 600 and a Red Max 7100. The Stihls are more comfortable but the redmax can't be beat in my opinion. My guys go for the redmax every time--no problems with it.
  6. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

We have the br600 and love it. Always easy to start always runs good. I hate my echo stuff and as it fails I get stihl.

My friend has the redmax and its a great machine but the stihl feels more comfortable on my back with less vibes. The br600 is around 40 or 50 bucks cheaper than the redmax 8000 too if I am not mistaken. When I add a new one to my truck this year it will be one of these 2 units because my dealer sells and services them.

The echo stuff is garbage in my experience and the shindawa dealer is too new to trust. No kawi dealers near by and never seen one up close to pass judgement.
  7. Perfect Image TLM

Perfect Image TLM LawnSite Senior Member

The Stihl BR600's are awesome! IMO
  8. mowerdude777

9. mowerdude777

another bu,p
  10. redmax fan

redmax fan LawnSite Bronze Member

weve been running the redmax 7001's for all 8 years ive been doing this and imo they are great . built tough / good power / very dependable

they and the exmark 32" metro with 15 horse kawasaki are my two favorite peices of equipment ive ever used in lawn care . well also the pre strato charged redmax bc225 whips were great as a light tough powerful every day whip