Red Max Ebz8001 Sthil Br 600 Kaw KRB750B Shindiawa EB802 or EB8520 Echo PB-755SH

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by mowerdude777, Jul 28, 2009.

?

What blower?

1. Redmax

33.7%
  2. Shindiaiwa

18.7%
  3. Sthil

36.1%
  4. Echo

12.7%
  5. Kawasaki

4.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

bump need some more pros and cons

2. mowerdude777

I agree about school and work and just having fun, most people are amazed to see me with all my commericail equipment

3. mowerdude777

bump to the top

4. mowzilla

mowzilla LawnSite Member

i have used stihl, redmax, and shindaiwa for hundreds of hours (between working for two big co's as a supervisor{work mon-thurs as a supervisor for someone else- fri-sun for myself-owned my own company for 6 mos and have done landscaping on side since high school) and to me shindaiwa/redmax are by far the best..still start good even with high hours on them..stihls get to be a pain in the #$%^&* when they get some hours on them.hard to start and break a lot, lackluster acceleration ( use fs 80rx, br420 mag, edger which is same motor as fs 80 rx) . i have had more problems with stihl this year than ever ( changed day job co's this year-all stihl..i get so tired of constant breakdowns on everything-trimmers/blowers/edgers/you name it..AND YES ITS MAINTAINED :) ) 13 yr old redmax i own is still like new..runs great. i miss the shinny stuff at trugreen (but that's about it) .. see what i use in my signature.. i am going all shindaiwa from now on! anyone who has used a shinny 242 (trimmer/edger/shears) or larger or a eb632rt or larger blower and still like stihl i can't understand why..apples to apples i think shindaiwa is smoother, more powerful, and lighter ( NOTE HAVE NOT USED C4 STUFF) . next purchase for me (riverbend) eb802 shinny hands down.my redmax 4300 vs 420 mag stihl ( which i use mon-thurs) the redmax starts easier, runs stronger and blows harder.

5. mowerdude777

bump bump bumpity bump

6. RedSquareLandscaping

RedSquareLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

love the redmax

7. mowerdude777

I like it too and may gfet it, but one of my coustomer owes me a bit of money and has a nice echo blower he got from a lco before hiring me

8. mowerdude777

Starting to have 2nd thoughts on sthil, there warrentry is only one year and all the others are 2 years

9. mowerdude777

bump bump bump

10. genesis215

genesis215 LawnSite Senior Member

The Stihl BR 600 has a 2-year warranty on the 4-MIX engine, if you run on Stihl Ultra (white bottle) oil, and mid-grade 89+ octane fuel. At least this is what my dealer told me. He said if you don't use the Stihl Ultra you loose your warranty. I think that's kind of crazy, but if you can get a two year warranty on the engine, that's a good thing. Still, your best bet for the price is likely an Echo PB-755ST. Same power as the BR 600, but has a 2-stroke engine that is well proven with little maintenance required. And you can use just about any gas or oil you want in it.