Red Max Edger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ashs inc, Apr 23, 2008.

1. ashs inc

ashs inc LawnSite Senior Member
    from alabama

Hey guys was looking for a new edger... was considering the red max HEZ2401S Edger was wondering any body have any opinions on this edger good bad?? anything.. thanks

2. Trenchblade

Trenchblade LawnSite Senior Member

gets clogged easy

3. ashs inc

from alabama

will trenchblade work with a red max edgers??? what edgers will trenchblade work with?

4. Trenchblade

Trenchblade LawnSite Senior Member

it will work with all stick edgers except the curved shaft redmax and curved shaft sthil. one guy says they work on the straight shaft redmak and one person says they wont. They work great on the straight shaft sthil and every other edger except the above mentioned.

5. ashs inc

from alabama

well the red max HEZ2401S Edger is a straight shaft edger. why dont you send me a blade and i will tell you if it works with it or not.

6. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

Never had problem with it clogging. It has plenty of power and very reliable.

7. karol

karol LawnSite Member
    from ontario

I've got one but now the one you're looking for I got the hez2500s. I think it's the big brother. Second year. No problems at all. Plenty of power even for the overgrown jobs. Never clogged for me.

8. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

Never had any problems with my HEZ2401S. Runs like a champ!

9. lawnboy858

lawnboy858 LawnSite Senior Member

I have the HEZ2500S. It has plenty of power, and I haven't clogged mine yet.

I used it on a few yards that have never been edged, and it did very well.