Red Max String Trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Andrew's Lawn Maintenance, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Andrew's Lawn Maintenance

Andrew's Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Member

Looking into a red max 2500 string trimmer. Good choice?

2. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

No problems with my red max stuff so far.

3. oceanpotion

oceanpotion LawnSite Member

Ive been using the BCZ2401 for the past few months so far the only problem I have found is the spring on the tap head falls off frequently. I keep a couple spares in the tackle box just in case. But, I like the trimmer and at the end of the season I am planning on getting one with a bigger head.

4. fergman

fergman LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

redmax is one of the top quality trimmers for sure. what other options do you have with dealers close by? kawasaki,tanaka,? the 2400 has plenty of power for normal trimming and i cant hardly tell any difference in the power from it and a 2600. youll trim faster with a 2400 because its quite a bit lighter than the 2600. it doesnt matter how strong you are,just forget that. look at the weight closely between the trimmers,it makes ALL the difference when you are already looking at the top quality trimmers. the newer model 2400 weighs as much as my old 2600 and there was no way i was going to tote around a hair less power with a heavier trimmer. read ALOT before you buy. i have several of every kind that there is almost and my favorite is the kawasaki kgt27a. 1.6 hp and weighs 10.2 lbs. and the balance is better than any ive used. very reliable and no probs so far. i trim with it over 100 yards 6 days a week from before daylight till after dark literally. cc's dont mean jack if you ask me. look at the sites and pull up the manuals on everything. find the hp. and youll have to carry around a real heavy trimmer to have the power of the kawasaki kgt27a.