red max vs. shindiawa blowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by, Nov 28, 2000.

1. LawnSite Member

does anyone know for sure whether the biggest red max backpack blower is more powerful (cfm) than shidiawas biggest blower. looking at the ratings would suggest this however i'm not sure whether the cfm measures are coming from tube or housing on the redmax. on the shindiawa the ratings are at the tube end, i do know this for sure. thanx for any input.
  2. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I've got a Shindaiwa eb630 and a Redmax eb6200. They both are very powerful. It's hard to tell which one puts out more air. The figures on Alimia are probably at the tube ends.
  3. steve

steve LawnSite Member

The RedMax EB6200 & Shindaiwa's 630 Are the same blower.
    Redmax sold the 6200 to Shindaiwa, In trade for their Sweeper Attachment.

So A Shindaiwa 630 is a RedMax with Shindaiwa stickers, and the sweeper attachment that RedMax has is built by Shindaiwa.
  4. leeslawncare

leeslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know about the others but reddmaxx rules !! i love it it is the best blower I've seen yet .
  5. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Steve, thanks for that info. The first time that I had both blowers next to each other, I noticed a lot of simularities.
  6. Nathan

Nathan LawnSite Member

Doesn't red max make a 700 model. I saw the same things he was talking about on alamia. BTW it seems like a lot of people from this site are giving alamia tons of biz. Why not get them to offer some ad $ to the site.
  7. LawnSite Member

they do offer a redmax 7000 model and i would guess if the 6200 is the same as the shindiwa 630 the redmax 7000 would be more powerful. alamia is sold out at this point but hopefully by spring they will have more.
  8. mowin at the lake

mowin at the lake LawnSite Member

We have both the redmax 6200 and 7000
    The only differance we noticed is the larger air filter& pre filter, the choke,larger fuel tank and there is a screen between the air intake and the back support. The power seem to be about the same.
    We ordered the 7000 in october and it was one of the last ones in stock at alamia.
    Alamia can get parts from redmax if needed

Mow at the lake