1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

red max VS tanaka trimmer/weed wacker

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by clydesdale, May 3, 2005.

1. clydesdale

clydesdale LawnSite Senior Member

i THINK i have narrowed it down to these two brands. Any thoughts? Which redmax model do you recommend? I RARELY attached a brush cutter. I just want a reliable commercial grade trimmer. ALSO ANY PLACE ON LINE TO BUY THE REDMAX? ALAMIA HAS THE TANAKA.
  2. clydesdale

clydesdale LawnSite Senior Member

TANAKA TBC 230 or the Tanaka tbc 2500 vs. redmax bcz2400s or redmax bcz2500s. What are your thoughts on these. My tanaka has lasted over ten years but i hear a lot about redmax. But since i buy one every decade, i want to make sure i buy the right one. Thanks
  3. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

I have many commercial trimmers and edgers by RedMax, Stihl, Echo and Mariyuma(sp?) and I personally by far prefer Echo Commercials.
  4. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

Good to hear your Tanaka has lasted over 10 years. I won't try and sell you on the TBC-230 or TBC-2500, you need to hear it from the guys who are in the trenches on a daily basis. However, we would really like to keep your business and look forward to communicating with you and all of our Tanaka customers more frequently moving forward.

FYI - We are currently running a promotion where you would get a free Tanaka accessory kit with the purchase of a TBC-230. More info is available in the Tanaka forum http://www.lawnsite.com/forumdisplay.php?f=104

P.S. Check out the new Tanaka Web site at www.tanaka-usa.com and sign up for our enewsletter, get a free catalog, and more.
  5. Quality Kut

Quality Kut LawnSite Member
    from WI

Echo works for us too. You need to stay with a brand that has good service and parts support. Look at the best commercial dealers in your area and see what lines they carry. That will give you a good idea of what to buy. You need local dealer support. It's important.