red max whip wont run. HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by droptine, May 29, 2009.

1. droptine

droptine LawnSite Member
    from troy Mi

I have a BCZ2600S weed whip. I just bought it a week used ago and it ran/started fine. Then it seemed like it was leaking gas out of the top. Now will not run on its own.

I just put on a
    New spark plug
    New Carb
    New fuel lines
    New Fuel Fillter
    New Carb gasket
    New 89 fuel
    New Red Max oil

What the F am I not doing right?

it will start on starting fuild and as long as I keep giving it alittle gas it will run.

HELP

2. 4.3mudder

4.3mudder LawnSite Silver Member

Will it run if you give it full throttle? Seems like the muffler screen may be plugged, I would check that first before putting any more money into it.

3. dutch1

dutch1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Jayhawk

Is there a possibility that you have reversed the fuel suction line and the return lines. I mention it only because I just had a trimmer in the shop that the owner had replaced the lines but couldn't get it to run. Like yours, it would fire on carb/choke cleaner. I reversed the lines and all was well.

Dutch

4. droptine

droptine LawnSite Member
    from troy Mi

thanks guys I will try both things tomorrow.

5. mowerknower

mowerknower LawnSite Senior Member

wow, sounds like you should have taken it to a dealer and saved a buck. Have you done a compression test? Presure/ Vacuum test. Without doing those you cannot be sure whats wrong.

6. SLR

SLR LawnSite Gold Member

Living with the problem that ought never be..find reciept,take lemon to clerk who sold it to you & shove it up his yonder!
    If you genuinely did no harm to the weed eater,there's
    simply no excuse for week old purchases to de-perform like such..or perhaps,blame that dirty rascle bush..