Red max

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LakeSide Lawn and Landscape, Feb 1, 2003.

1. LakeSide Lawn and Landscape

LakeSide Lawn and Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Is anyone using red max equipment,If so what do you like and dislike about them?
  2. Ed Ryder

Ed Ryder LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Red Max backpack blower. It lasted all season without a single problem. I love the power.

I used their string trimmers in the past and I didn't like them at all. Maybe they're better now. I don't know? I like the Kawasaki string trimmers now. Previously I swore by Echos.
  3. Husker1982

Husker1982 LawnSite Senior Member

I use to run all Redmax power but I have changed all my equipment to John Deere. I still have a BP Blower that is Redmax and use it. I also have some trimmers left for backups. I loved the equipment and did not have any problems with them. I just like John Deere better. I would honostly recomend Redmax to anyone though.
  4. Navig8r

Navig8r LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Redmax BP blower....... love it... lots of power, Starts easy, runs great.
    I ran Redmax string trimmers when working for someone else, I liked them, but I like my Stihl better....... No single big reason, just the overall package.... also, I really like the Stihl dealer in my area... always have treated me right, whereas IMO the local Redmax dealer's service has a rough reputation.
  5. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I've got a Redmax EB6200 backpack blower. Only had 1 problem. It keep stalling out. Turns out that the choke lever was a little loose and would choke itself. A turn ofthe screwdriver fixed it.
  6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

7000 and 7001 BP Blowers...very nice machines.
  7. Husker1982

Husker1982 LawnSite Senior Member

rod I haven't seen them but have heard about them are they a little on the bulky side?
  8. ilovethisgame

ilovethisgame LawnSite Member

I was curious if anyone had used the strato-charged tools they build? Just wanted to know about the power to weight ratio.

9. Doogiegh

Doogiegh LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a Redmax 7001 from Rpm Sales (Captain Devo is here on lawnsite) for a great price.

For a while, the 7001 was 'arguably' the strongest blower on the market in terms of backpacks.

Eventually, some guys who even ran Echo, Stihl and other makes got to try out the 7001 and said Yep, it's a tad bit stronger than their own machines (echo or Stihl).

The 7000 is weaker then the top of the line Echo or Stihl.

The 7001 is stronger.. So either model is in the top "4" in production.

And we're talking a small difference here, so no matter which one you get, it's a winner.

The difference is uncomparable to a Crapsman. <G>

10. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

I got a 7001 this fall..Lasted me through the whole 3 clean-ups I had this fall in our tiny little town.
    But, it has great power, I would recommend this over my Husqvara I had before the Redmax.