Red Max

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fblandscape, Jul 12, 2003.

1. fblandscape

fblandscape Banned

I just had to share this with you people. I had purchased a Red Max back pack blower probably about 7 years ago. I believe it is an EB431? Well I have not run it since December of last year. I went to start it up today so I can use it tomorow on a shrub pruning job, started on the 2nd pull.

On a side note, I also have a walk behind with a 7 year old kawasaki engine on it, and that starts on the first pull.

I just wanted to share my good experiences with the crowd.

2. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

The Honda engines on my bed edger and power washer are the same way. They sit (with stabil) for months and then they usually start in one or two pulls.

3. Grass Master

Grass Master LawnSite Senior Member

FBL....

My Echo stuff works the same way...any good, commercial 2 cycle will.

4. mowngrow

mowngrow LawnSite Senior Member

ive got an exmark made way back in 81-82. it still had the original 14 kawi engine on it until 2001 and it cranked on the first pull everytime. the engine was so old it did not have an oil filter on it. the new engine works good too..... two pulls though

5. Planet Landscaping

Planet Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Same eb 431 here. Been with me a long time and STILL on the job.Workers grab the new stronger ones most of the time now.I only had to fix the weak strap buckles over the years. RELIABLE.:angel: