?Red Max2300-Tanaka225 0r Robin2450

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by oldsaw, Aug 27, 2006.

1. oldsaw

oldsaw LawnSite Member

After reading alot more of the threads about trimmers here on LawnSite
    it seems alot of people praise these three units (not exact Model# maybe) over some other more recognized brands. Which of these would you as a professional not hesitate
    to recommand to a Homeowner for personal use on heavy grass and some BrushCutting around a 10acre Ranchette.
    Please pick your Top Choice and Why.
    Thanks Everone!
  2. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

I would not recommend any of those smaller units for any amount of Brushcutting.
  3. oldsaw

oldsaw LawnSite Member

All 3 of these are advertised as able to handle brushcutting task and sells attachments for that purpose so why not use a brush Blade with them.
    With my neck and shoulder problems I need the lightest unit possible but I do need to do some Brushcutting Also! Any suggestions? ;)
  4. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Heard nothing but good about Redmax and how light weight they are. For the small rachette you should have not problem with a brush blade and that size trimmer. Not like your running a comercial lawncare business. Good luck. Out of those I'd say Redmax.
  5. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

NONE - The Kawasaki listed in my sig. is the one - 10 lbs., $250.00, AND blades if you prefer. :weightlifter: :usflag:
  6. Pietro

Pietro LawnSite Senior Member

the older redmax are really light and good. The stratocharged ones suck.....ive got a new and old redmax, I hate the new one, it shocks me!
  7. JFizzle

JFizzle LawnSite Member

I purchased a Red Max 2300 a month or so ago and love it! It replaced an Echo is used on all of my residential accounts. For a light weight trimmer it is excellent but I think you would want to go with something bigger than all of the models you mentioned if you are doing brush cutting. If you are set on getting something that small I would definately recommend the 2300. I have not used any of the others you named but have been very please with my Red Max. Thats just my 10 cents.
  8. oldsaw

oldsaw LawnSite Member

Where can I get the Kawasaki KGT27A for $250 and is that a total or is
    tax or Shipping extra. I did find one from a link here from J Thomas for $269.95.

Thanks, oldsaw
  9. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

Ebay - $249.00 + shipping. I have purchased one for myself and one for a friend. :usflag:
  10. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Get the one you can get service on in Clevland, Tx. Talk to a dealer and try one out, whatever brand you go with. Nothing like hands on when picking out a piece of equipment. Don't know anything about Kaw's exept I can't get one worked on here. Just Echo and Stihl service in this county.