Red Maxx vs stihl vs shindiawa

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Brandon327, Apr 28, 2005.

1. Brandon327

Brandon327 LawnSite Member

I am looking at purchasing a new trimmer. i currently have a shindiawa and love it but i am having a hard time finding a dealer in the area. What are the pro and cons on the above mentioned brands.

2. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

I have heard good things from both brands. I personally like the shindaiwa

3. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

by using the SEARCH feature. Tons of info here..... :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :realmad: :angel:

4. Media Lawnscape

Media Lawnscape LawnSite Member

Of the group you mentioned, Redmax is by far the best of the bunch!

5. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

You will get a bunch of different responses on this one. My personal preference is Stihl FS250R. Heavy, but loads of torque and power!

6. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree totally on that one!

7. wissel_landscaping

wissel_landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

the stihl having tons of power and torque why do you need it? seems to me you would waste alot of string. i never use my trimmer past half throttle my favorite trimmer i use i have been using for the past 3 years a echo srm-210

8. gocards

gocards LawnSite Member

I've been using Redmax for the past month. I must say, I would love to throw the Stihl equipment away after using Redmax. Never tried Shindiawa, but I've heard positive things about them. Stihl runs great, but they are lot heavier and aren't as smooth as Redmax.

9. 2k1yzfr1

2k1yzfr1 LawnSite Senior Member

Pull your guard off and let about 8" of string out and you'll find the extra power and torque nice.

10. 2k1yzfr1

2k1yzfr1 LawnSite Senior Member

Call Travis or Curtis at Landscape Supply (Toll Free 866.753.2622) and get a Redmax 2500. I've owned Echo 2600's in the past and after using the Redmax for the past year it is by far the best trimmer I have ever used. I think I also remeber seeing them on sale on Tuesday when I was in there.