Red or white?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by stuntmanlogan, May 20, 2010.

1. stuntmanlogan

stuntmanlogan LawnSite Senior Member

Well guys and gals I am going to be picking up a new 2010 ford f.250 super duty in a few days maybe tomorrow. My choices are Red or White having a tough time deciding on the color both are exactly the same truck just different colors. The reason why im asking you guys is because for the next 2 to 3 years this will be my personal rig. Then after this it will be released to the employees, at that time in which it will be lettered. Of course whites the easiest for lettering, but reds my favorite color. So its either a business decision or my personal decision. What do you guys think?

2. rungreen

rungreen LawnSite Member

If its your personal truck and you like red I would get it. I also think red is the best truck color, just my opinion.

3. stroker51

stroker51 LawnSite Senior Member

I have two red ones and three white ones, none of them new :( I really like the look of my red F350 dump, with aluminum boxes, steps and stainless simulators, especially when its pulling my matching 18' flatbed, but it will probably wind up painted white at some point, just to maintain uniformity in the fleet. For me, buying used trucks, white is easy/cheap to find, easy to letter, easy to keep clean, easy to sell, so on so forth. I'm in a similar boat, looking to upgrade my personal rig, if.....IF... I go new I really don't know if I am sold on buying white. Probably will but red would also be my other choice. Are you getting a 6.4 or a gasser?

4. stuntmanlogan

Its a gasser all I can afford right now, would love a diesel. But im really liking the red one but the white would be a good thought for the business because it would be easier to letter. But also I will probably never sell this truck. Planning on keeping it until it is dead.

5. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i think the red fords look great

6. rcslawncare

rcslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Touch choice, both good colors, but red is my pick. Its just a different feel having color!!!

7. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

I'd get the white. In a few years the red seems to fade and show scratches easier plus a red lawn truck would look like valley crest here.

8. stuntmanlogan

Yeah my current truck is white and I would like to get a different color but the reason with the decision is because it will be a fleet truck in a few years. So for the next few years as a personal vehicle I would like it to be red but when it goes to the employees I would like it to be white, easy to letter. So im not sure yet which one I would like but im starting to lean more towards red.

9. Bibbee Lawn Care

Bibbee Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I would go with white and have matching trucks.

10. SDelPrete

SDelPrete LawnSite Member

get what matches the rest of your trucks