Red Or Yellow???

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by wannabamower, Feb 15, 2008.

1. wannabamower

wannabamower LawnSite Member

I'm looking for a new ZTR mower for the 2008 mowing season. Do I want a Red(Exmark) or Yellow(Hustler)??? I'm looking at 50", 52", or 54" models. I like both makes but I'm just not sure if one is better than the other. Everyone is using Exmark in my area and everyone I have talked really likes the Exmark. I like Hustler because it is a little cheaper.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Little cheaper, better built, more features for your money...
    What particular models are you looking at and comparing?

3. wannabamower

I have looked at about all of the models Hustler makes. I really like the Fast Trak Super Duty, Mini Z, Super Mini, The Z,and the Super Z. I'm looking at the 52" or 54". I would really like to stay under $8,000.00. Which rules out the Z or Super Z. Are you in contact with any dealers? I was wondering if you knew of any dealer with leftover 07 models?

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I am in contact with regional managers and dealers, where are you located?
    I can get you working with the right dealer.
    E-mail me.

5. wannabamower

I'm located in Charleston, Illinois about 45 miles west from Terre Haute, IN and about 45 miles south of Champaign, IL. Who would be a good dealer to work with. Thank you for your help.

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I would go to our dealer locater and get a list of dealers and start looking at the dealers, I am not familiar with the dealers in your area, although from looking on the locater there are a couple withing 10 miles of ya in either direction.

Pj

7. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have owned 4 exmark mowers. 2 Lazers, and explorer, and currently a Lazer hp.
    I have also owned two Super Zs. Currently running a 66 with 25 Kawasaki.

Exmark cut is better. Hustler is far more productive and a little easier to work on. Super Zs are also cheaper in my area. You should be able to buy a Super Z 54 or 60 for just under 8k.

8. blackandgold

blackandgold LawnSite Senior Member

You can go to Rahn Equipment in Danville,Bobcat of Champaign, Farm Pride of Mattoon, Farm Pride of Casey, or Wilhelm Auto Service in Lovington.

They are all willing to help you with your needs.

9. rod dennis

rod dennis LawnSite Member

I would go yellow, get the best band for your buck. I own 1 cub m60 tank or mistake. the other 4 are all hustlers. exmark are a good mower but for the price difference they are not that good.

10. rod dennis

rod dennis LawnSite Member

I would go with Hustler, I own 4. I think they are the best bang for the buck. Exmark are said to have a little better cut, but they cost more and are a lot harder on the rider.