1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Red Wing boots~yes or no?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by buckhigh, Oct 14, 2013.

1. DQL10

DQL10 LawnSite Senior Member

I know around my area the Irish setter styles are at the red wing store. If not they can order them.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. BestImpressions99

BestImpressions99 LawnSite Senior Member

Look at Worx by Red Wing. I've had my cowboy style boots for about a year and they're not showing a sign of giving out. Last pair I had was a Red Wing and they gave way way too soon for how much $ I spent on them. Look at Denner, or Bates. I've been contemplating looking at militaryboots.com.
  3. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Red wing work shoes. Danner water proof and danner 1200 insulated boots. All costly but both brands are very comfortable.
  4. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

Best boots out there. I do go through almost 2 inserts a year but otherwise they are awesome
  5. J & D Greens

J & D Greens LawnSite Senior Member

Last October I bought my first pair of Red wing boots 409s 8 inch high. I wear them daily. (at least 90% of the time I wear them), for the entire year. They still have a few more months of use to go. I plan on purchasing another pair for the following season.
    I also suffer from plantar fasciitis I use arch supports from the Good Feet store.
  6. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

I bought the Chinese one because it fit my foot better. Lasted a year, they were toast. Tread was almost wore out, holes in the leather, had to replace pad for my feet, 3 sets of laces. They were $160. $60 boots will last just as long...... I would like to try asolo.
  7. Geronimo

Geronimo LawnSite Member

Redwings all the way! They cost more but you get whatcha pay for!!! Love mine!!

That's what I wear. Have tried tem all and alway come back to wearing red wing
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Redwing makes quality footwear, no doubt. And if you're operating a WB all day and dealing with slopes and uneven ground...I cannot emphasize enough that many 'work boot treads' are not aggressive enough to be safe, imho. This is where a more true offroad tread (such as a hiker) is useful...as these types of shoes can also provide more lateral support.
  10. Optimum Lawn

Optimum Lawn LawnSite Member

For my feet I have preferred Terra Footwear over my pair of Red Wings. Currently using the Marauder style of Terra's which has a zipper
    down the side of the boot making in and outs very easy....no lacing to deal with. http://safetyfoot.com/HiCutBoots/Terra-2985B-Marauder.htm
    Love them.

One thing, I can never go back to cheap crap.....my feet have been spoiled in the Terra's, to the point that the cheaper stuff makes me go yuck ...get me outta these quick

For Life... the Terra's seem to last me a yr plus...but they get beaten and battered hard with zero TLC..
    but my feet are happy:walking: