1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Jbh0724, Jan 20, 2013.

1. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

Sorry, no. If you hit Google, there are quite a few reviews available. I've just followed them since the company was pitched at a startup conference. I didn't think they had anywhere near the best pitch or idea, but they won the competition. I was wrong on that one. lol
  2. Ben Bowen

Ben Bowen LawnSite Bronze Member
    from PNW

Been using Redbeacon for about 2 years. You only pay for leads you want. The credit card and social thing is no big deal- it just lessens the number of low ballerina you compete against. I also use Thumbtack, Craigslist, and Redbeacon has brought the higher end maintenance stuff.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. Jbh0724

Jbh0724 LawnSite Member

How much does a lead cost?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. Ben Bowen

Ben Bowen LawnSite Bronze Member
    from PNW

It has changed several times, but I believe I normally pay between $15 and $40, depending on the price of the service. But, you only pay for jobs you actually get. Or, if you need to see the property to give a quote then you can pay a lower amount. But again, you only pay if they choose you.

Sign up, see if you like it. You don't ever have to bid. At the very least you get a nice link to your website for google to like.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. wegomow

wegomow LawnSite Senior Member

Not available in my area. It appears they are only set up for the larger cities right now. I did put a request in to be notified when they come to my area.
  6. billpiper

billpiper LawnSite Member

I have used them during the free period. Worked well for me.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. Utah Lawn Care

Utah Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I am curious to hear if anyone has had more experience with redbeacon in the last year. I tried to request an estimate for lawn care in my small town and as far as I can tell it acted like there were no providers in my area. If that's the case I would love to be the only one.

What has your experience been? How big is your service area, and how many leads do you get? Thanks
  8. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic

did someone say BACON?:laugh: