1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Redesigned OCDC

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GreenQuest Lawn, Jul 20, 2001.

1. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Well I FINALLY got my OCDC from YSM (I won't go in to that story in this thread).

I liked it but I am a rather small guy and I thought it was a long reach. So I redesigned it.

Now its perfect, no leaning I can sit back and everything is good.

Let me know what you guys think

2. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Send it down to me and I will try it out. :)

Looks good.
  3. watatrp

watatrp LawnSite Senior Member

Do you have a website for YSM? How much did it cost?
  4. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

York Sheets web site is www.yorksheet.com The director costs $175 + shipping & handling. Check out the striping roller they offer, I have one & wow I can really lay down some nice stripes w/ it. ;) ED
  5. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

You got your director from them, not an OCDC. ;)
  6. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I looked at your pic nice modification, and noticed that you have your allen headed carriage type bolts on upside down. The smooth allen head part goes up from underneath with the ny-loc nuts on the top. This prevents the big nuts from grabbing too much grass underneath. Just a hint!
  7. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Hmmm, wonder if this will fit my Kees ZTMax?
  8. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

What was involved with your mod?

I see two bolts on the flap... what are they for?

I need one of these...
  9. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry to steal the coveted DC name. It won't happen again :D

Ya know, I wondered about that. The instructions they send are not very complete. In fact the pics on there instructions were different from mine. THANKS

Well they sent me a rubber flap, and the two holes were pre drilled. Honestly I have no clue. I though the rubber flap was to go all across the flap (reducing blow out) but the rubber they sent me only covers half of the flap. Of course nothing in the instuctions about that.:confused:. The one hole was drilled wrong and caught when closed, so I had to re-drill it to move it over so the flap would close all the way.

My welder did the work, I just told him what I wanted. He cut the main support bar and added the curved piece (they are normally straight up) Then had to extend the control rod. Also we added a support brace since once it became so long it moved alot.

Here is a side shot. It does clear the control levers on the "Z" Just barely.

I also added some heavy duty weather striping around to edge of the flap which cut down on the blow out when fully shut (since the rubber they sent me was of no use as far as I can see).

Anyone else that dealt with YSM, how was the service? How long did you wait for the product?

10. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks Todd.

Does the door or flap flip all the way up or back? My Lazer just fits in my trailer... So I cannot have any part of that sticking out beyond the deck.

If it does flip all the way back so that it lays against the mower deck...maybe the black rubber piece is supposed to go on top to prevent the metals from clanging together??