1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Redesigning logo

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by M&SLawnCare, Feb 26, 2009.

1. M&SLawnCare

M&SLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Was going to get my new truck lettered, and I decided to redesign my logo to be more professional looking while i was at it. Here's the initial concepts my graphics guy came back with. Which do you guys like and any recommended changes? (first two have multiple views of the logo, its not all one logo obviously) Bear in mine the truck is a dark green color and the trailer is black. Logo will appear on white back grounds as well (business cards, letterheads, flyer's and so on)

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I like the last one the best. Let us know what you decide on.
  3. greenbaylawns

greenbaylawns LawnSite Senior Member

4. FourTrees

FourTrees LawnSite Senior Member
    from Zone 6

Really like the last. Simple is best sometimes. Looks nice!
  5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

The last one says alot more. I will remember THAT long before I remember all the others. There is just too much going on with the others. This is another prime example of when less is more. It is professional looking. make sure your green is loud enough to really stand out on the black, to.
  6. hvphotog

hvphotog LawnSite Senior Member

The first one is a great logo but would seem more fit for a fine bottle of wine

The second is very busy way to many houses, maybe keep the largest of the houses and get rid of your name on the bottom of that one and remove the white box and increase over all font size of your name. The green will explode of the black back ground and than put lawn care on the green area also increase the font but a few points under your name.
    I think this one would really pop than

Third again reminds me of a label on wine

4th well the clip art could be a leaf, citrus the sun I am not sure..
  7. M&SLawnCare

M&SLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Lol. That's what i thought too. I really like the top one, but it seems just to elegant (unfortunately i don't service million dollar estates). Also bear in mind the top two aren't as "busy" as they look. The actual logo is only one of the several pictures in it. They did that to give me several different views of the logo on multiple different back grounds. So you wouldn't see all of that when its actually used.

I was leaning toward the 2nd or 4th one. The forth one would probably need to have the text changed to make it more narrow i would think tough (probably stacked like the other three). That would be awfully hard to fit on a truck without making it so small you can't read it.
  8. hvphotog

hvphotog LawnSite Senior Member

What color is your truck?
  9. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

last one...
  10. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

none of the above......sorry