1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

redhawk commercial

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by thoakes3, Apr 25, 2005.

1. thoakes3

thoakes3 LawnSite Member

what do you guys think about the redhawk mowers? i noticed that they are alot cheaper than the exmark, toro, etc. i have learned that in this business, you get what you pay for, but are they ok for starting out?

2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

They are made in china. I personally wouldn't buy one. they look like a pretty good mower and i've heard good things about them but i'd get an american machine. if your just starting out then you should take a look at the quick 36. Click on the banner at the top of the page that says quick 36. Its red, it'll take you to the website. I know for a fact that they are excellent machines and made in the USA. It would be a good machine for starting out but its a full commercial grade machine so it will last for many years.

3. thoakes3

thoakes3 LawnSite Member

thata really what i thought. thanks for the reply. i think i've decided on the exmark metro hp.

4. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Do a search and you'll find a lot of recent threads on these mowers. Several members have bought them.