Redhawk Mower Review? and Advice!!

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by CareFreeLawns, Feb 4, 2012.

1. CareFreeLawns

CareFreeLawns LawnSite Member

Hey, i need advice and a review. I might get a 36in Red Hawk Hydro Mower for $2,150. For me that's a good price, and that's in my range of money i can spend. I will have 20-30 customers, and cut about 10-15 yards a week. I know the mower will last, but i need reviews and advice if you think it's sh** what's another good mower in that price range? Also please don't say the mower is sh**, tell me why if that's your opinion.

2. normanm4

normanm4 LawnSite Member

This is the standard answer for brands without a dealer network. When it stops working can you get parts easily/quickly/reasonable price? If you can't figure it out, who is going to fix it? Is there a dealer that will let you try it out...

I don't know that it's bad, it's just more of a mystery. If I can't answer 2 of those three questions above then I am S.O.L. when it breaks down (if I don't have a backup)...

This is where dealer support comes in as well. Can they put a machine under your butt and keep you going in the inevitable moment of breakdown? That's worth quite a bit.

3. CareFreeLawns

So pretty much i need to see if there's a dealer that can service this and get parts? I'm ordering it, and it's being shipped.

4. normanm4

normanm4 LawnSite Member

With a new mower you should be good to go for a while. Not trying to discourage you. Breakdowns just don't announce themselves, have a plan in advance and you'll be good. Can you borrow a mower from someone if you break down? You know, just have a plan B.

Hope its a great mower for you. Good luck!

5. CareFreeLawns

Thanks man! I need to find out if my local dealer services these mowers, and if partsd are easy to get.

6. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

For the same reason I just bought my son a new quad. I looked at the generic ones for ALOT less than name brands but whos going to tell my son Im waiting 3 months for parts to the cheapo quad your daddy bought you. I bit the bullet and bought a Yamaha. Spent double but I can get it worked on easily and parts are readily available. Think of my son and your customers on the same level!!!! Just saying

7. integrityman

integrityman LawnSite Bronze Member

May be made by a Chinese manufacturer??? Not saying as fact though. Id be very hesitant to buy one of these. Do a thread search on it. I know there have been some very contentious threads about Redhawk mowers on LS.

8. CareFreeLawns

Yah its chnese i have read threades and half say the mower is good others say no, but more people say it's good the reason its cheaper is not as many features.

9. jfoxtrot9

jfoxtrot9 LawnSite Senior Member

A 48" redhawk was one of my first mowers. It was a good mower and gave me no problems. I used it for about 3 years. It is no frills and is quite easy to maintain. Parts seem like they would be easy to get, although I never needed any because it is such a simple machine. Mine had a Kohler Pro Command and Peerless tranny built like 1000's of mowers before it. I think I only replaced a few belts in the time I ran it. Has a pretty decent cut too. In my opinion, you can't go wrong with this mower for the price if you are on a budget. Better than getting in over your head over paying for something that you really don't need!

10. CareFreeLawns

Thanks man, this really helped :)