Redhawk Mowers???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DAVEY PROS, Aug 29, 2006.

1. DAVEY PROS

DAVEY PROS LawnSite Member

Anyone ever heard/used a redhawk mowers???? 36' 15HP kohler engine.....sounds good for $1800. Anyone have any input?:)

2. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Do a search on this forum. Redhawk has been discussed at length previously.
    Chinese built. Painted many colors to be sold under many different names. A basic, low quality machine at best.

3. horsequick

horsequick LawnSite Member

I don't think I'd classify them as cheap. Supposedly the chinese copied the deck from Scag? and some other parts from toro?

I was in China last year and this is what the factory told me anyway.

4. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

run it for a year and throw it away and youll still be ahead

5. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

Form everything Ive heard about them, chinese crap. they look good, use a good engine but the rest is poor quality. Also, the chinese standards for equipment material is lower than sae. Ask any welder about the difference between chinese stainless steel and american stainless steel. Guess which one rusts? Remember the quote''The biterness of poor quality lingers far after the sweetness of low price.''

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

BG didn't get that far D. :laugh:

7. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

I think most on here never seen one up close and in person.

I know I have not, so therefore I can only give you my opinion on what I have read about them.

I think you will get what you pay for. China is becoming more and more advanced each year, producing better products all the time.

I would give them a shot for a backup mower.

8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I have seen them in person and looked it all over...they would make an excellent boat anchor IMO.

9. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

"from everything I've heard about them". This is the typical response. Someone chiming in with no clue about the mowers at all.

I own one and have had it for almost 2 years now. It has served me very well for it's intended purpose (gate mower and backup mower) Mine has quite a few hours on it and it has done very well. The quality of cut is amazing for the price!

I am going to purchase another one this fall for next year. This time I am going to try the hydro Red Hawk as my dealer has a special deal on them for $2499 including a $400 rebate!

10. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Really that bad LOL.

I guess you can take what I just said and throw it out the door.:laugh: