1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Redhawk mowers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Midstate Lawncare, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Midstate Lawncare

Midstate Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone use them? how dependable are they? They seem a little "too inexpensive"
  2. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

Made In China
  3. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

.....Made in China !!!!:usflag:
  4. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

5. jrc lawncare

jrc lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Run...the other way!!!!:laugh:
  6. Harrington Landscape

Harrington Landscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from Erie Pa

I got one for one of my guy to run and if it boke oh well they are cheap chinees exmarks but the mower is pretty good It mows just as good as my other exmark and it has a 18 hp motor on it You can Not run a velkie or proslide on them but I dont let my guys use them on there mowers any way I was happy with the buy.
  7. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

As evidenced here, alot of people here on LS don't like them ... however, alot of others apparently do !! For instance, some manufacturers buy their WB's from Redhawk and put their name on it.

Just curious though, why do you say that you can't put a velkie or sulky on them ??
  8. sikagrass

sikagrass LawnSite Member

Hate to say it but I think the days are over where just because something is from china its going to break on christmas day.Are chinese mowers as good as the ones made in the U.S.? No, but they dont cost as much either.If thats all you can afford, go for it.I bought a Sutech before reading all the negative reviews on L.S. two years ago and have been suprised how well it held up and the quality of the cut. Like anything else they knock off, cars etc, they get better at copying them.Whenever it does die though I will move to a hydro.
  9. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

Possibly because they are only single hydro??
  10. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Nah, gear drive and dual hydro.

The sheet metal parts of the Red Hawk, Buyers Gold, Dixie Chopper, The Landscaper, Black Rock or whatever name they can slap on them, are the only Chinese made parts. The sheet metal is shipped to the U.S. where they are assembled with whatever parts the "manufacturer" cares to put on them.

The entire operation was for sale on eBay a couple of years ago for 100 grand from Landscaper Supply. You got parts, partially built mowers, mechanical drawings and the rights for that bargain price.