Redhawk or quick 36"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by garyo, May 28, 2010.

1. garyo

garyo LawnSite Member
    from ohio

Looking to purchase a 36" walk behind. Which would be a better choice a Redhawk or a Quick?
  2. zak406

zak406 LawnSite Bronze Member

If it matters to you Better is made in amercia were as redhawk is made in china.

Depending on what red hawk you are looking at it could be a belt drive. I vote quick
  3. GrassIsGreenerLawnCare

GrassIsGreenerLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

quick no doubt. but i heard they suck in certain types of grass....heard they are made specifically for the types of grass where they manufacture the mowers??? this was hearsay so dont quote me on it, but figured id let u know so u can look further into it. id figure a mower is a mower, but i remember sum1 sayin that they dont cut good in a certain location's grass??
  4. elshauno

elshauno LawnSite Member

I own a Redhawk it was a ok mower to get me started still runs ok. Its underbuilt and cheap. If I wasn't so strapped when I started I would have gotten a Quick36 in a heartbeat. Learn from my mistake and get a Quick
  5. BCL Services

BCL Services LawnSite Member

Actually, just look for a quality used mower. You probably will not be happy with either.
  6. garyo

garyo LawnSite Member
    from ohio

What is a quality used mower and why won't I be happy with either?
  7. RDA

RDA LawnSite Member

Where in Ohio are you? I have a Quick 36", you are welcome to come check it out if you want, try it, etc. Overall, I feel the Quick 36" is a very good value for what it costs.

I am experimenting with some different blades for it, I believe the right blade might mitigate the biggest complaint (it doesn't cut well in tall/thick/wet me a mower that deals particularly well with those conditions). It cuts very well in side discharge and bagging mode in my conditions (which includes tall/thick/wet grass so far this Spring), I am looking to improve the mulching performance currently which is a lot to ask for with the conditions so far this year.

8. garyo

garyo LawnSite Member
    from ohio

I'm in Cleveland.
  9. garyo

garyo LawnSite Member
    from ohio

Do you have a single or dual hydro?
  10. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I have owned neither but from what I have heard/read I would choose the quick 36 hands down. Excellent customer service.