Redmax 2 cycle mix?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lonnie, May 30, 2006.

1. lonnie

lonnie LawnSite Senior Member

I just got a bcz2600s and was wondering if you guys use the redmax mix or use others. I have always used stihl and tanaka mix. Would these be ok?

2. GrassFearsMe

GrassFearsMe LawnSite Senior Member

make sure you use the recomemded mixture of 50 to 1 or you will foul the plug alot. we use echo mix.

3. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

The new Echo oil is the best oil that we have ever used. We use it in all of are equipment new and old and it works very well.

4. ITL

ITL LawnSite Member
    from SW OH

Lonnie

We have the following Redmax equipment: handheld blower, blade edger, line trimmer, and the 8000 backpack blower. All except the backpack blower use the Stratocharged 2600 engine. We use Mobil Racing 2T synthetic 2 stroke at 200 cc to 2.5 gallon which if I remember correctly is about a 47 to 1 ratio. A little extra if I get a little to much gas or do not let all the oil drain from container and still be at 50 to 1 manuf recomended ratio. This and 87 (R+M) octane fuel and they all work well no plug fouling, good starting, and no muffler spark arester screen clogging yet. The last fuel tanks we mix at the end of the season, we add fuel stabil to mix so any fuel left in machine during off season will not cause carb problems. We also use this same mix for 21 inch 2 stroke Lawn Boy and Toro mowers with good results even though the Lawn Boy specs out 32 to 1 mix. Can not see having 2 containers of mixed fuel. We like the mobil oil but have used the redmax oil, echo, and stihl with acceptable results. Suspect any good quality oil meeting manuf specs along with clean fresh fuel will work well.

Wayne

5. Infinite

Infinite LawnSite Member

Yeh the Redmax mix is good but make sure its a 50:1 ratio. I use any 2 cycle oil and have never had problems.

6. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

mobil racing 2t is the best 2 cycle oil i have ever used! .its darn near impossable to get around here since autozone quit selling it. i have about 1 yrs worth stockpiled up. its the only oil i have used that you can actually hear a differance in how the engines run on it-great stuff! you cant go wrong with echo or sthil oil either. i mix at 40/1 to cover both my 50/1 and 32/1 machines. i cant see having 2 diff gas cans either.