1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Redmax 2401 trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cuttin-up, Jun 23, 2007.

1. cuttin-up

cuttin-up LawnSite Member

Considering purchasing this trimmer anybody using one care to share your likes or dislikes with it?
  2. Pietro

Pietro LawnSite Senior Member

New redmax stuff sucks compared to the old stuff. Emission laws.
  3. Jake's Lawn Service

Jake's Lawn Service LawnSite Member

Mine works great for me.

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Funny redmax is top.
  5. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

I have a 2601 with the emission control off and its great. I wont buy anything but Redmax.
  6. gunner27

gunner27 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

I had a chance to use one this week as a demo. I was very impressed with it and think it would be a good choice.
  7. charmill26

charmill26 LawnSite Senior Member

i have one and so far it has been good to me
  8. fergman

fergman LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

i have a 2400s and its been fantastic has enough power to do trimming around houses and its hard to tell a difference between it and the 2600s. the carbureater vibrated loose after several hundred hours "estimated" but just tightened it up and its fine. i like it better than the 2600s,shint-230,t-270,stihl-110. but i have a kawasaki kgt27a and it has 1.6 horsepower at 10.2 pounds and its lighter than the 2400s. it is extremely comfortable and is balanced better than any of the above. if u take the guard off you can run the string out farther and still have good power and not make it bog down as much as the above. i hated the head though so i took the gear head off a 2400s and put it on the kgt27a and it is awesome. so far my favorite is the kgt27a plenty of power for both heavy and light trimming. even if you get a 3000 redmax its only got 1.4 horsepower.which is alot but im in love with the kawisaki so far:weightlifter: