1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

redmax 4401 blower problem (please help)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Evans Lawn Service, Dec 8, 2007.

1. Evans Lawn Service

Evans Lawn Service LawnSite Member

ok like i said it is the recoil spring in the recoil assembly how in the he!! do i get it back in i have been working on it for 2 hours if any one has a trick to do it please go step by step with me....before i throw it out the garage..lol
  2. Tower Rat 95B

Tower Rat 95B LawnSite Member

It is a pain to do just don,t rush it............... Coil the spring from the center as tight as possible , carefully drop in to housing, drop in empty spool with tab lined up with spring, install retaining screw, thread string thru and knot , pull string thru spool slot and wind in a manner that the spring gets tighter, then test before putting back on the blower, if string does not rewind completely go another round on the spool.................... After that go out and buy a new one as a back up so you always have a quick swap for this little break downs,,,,,,,,,,
  3. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:dancing:spend the $35 and get a whole new assembly, almost impossible to recoil that spring, unless u put a small piece of wire around an snipe when in place.
  4. Evans Lawn Service

Evans Lawn Service LawnSite Member

thanks guys i will try that tomorrow night but still going to order a new assembly tonight to...thank you for all your post...
  5. Infinity Landscapes  Inc

Infinity Landscapes Inc LawnSite Member

when you drop it in after you recoil it use needle nose pliers very easy