Redmax 4401 or 5100 blower?

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by MrC, Apr 13, 2007.

1. MrC

MrC LawnSite Member
    from Jersey

I stopped by my local dealer to check out the 4401. He told me that a customer just bought a 5100 a week ago and wants to sell it for something more powerful. Now based on the numbers the 4401 seems to be a better blower. How is the Strato better than the 2 cycle? Based on the new purchase prices why is the Strato $54 more with lower specs? Which would you get and why?

4401- $319 + 7%= $341 NEW
    41.5cc, 2 cycle, 2.6 hp, 671 CFM, 183 MPH, 19.6 lbs

5100- $325 total(used one week) or New $369+7%=$395
    50.cc, Strato, 2.3 hp, 664 CFM, 163 MPH, 20.3 lbs

PS- I know, I should get the 7001 or 8001. That's not in my budget. I was lucky to convince my wife out of getting another craftsman handheld.

2. MrC

MrC LawnSite Member
    from Jersey

any thoughts?

3. lawnstriper23

lawnstriper23 LawnSite Senior Member

My suggestion would be to get a Stihl........

4. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Why have you run redmax,i purchased a 5000 back pack this week,whatz the difference in a 5100 a little more power they are both strato charged.

5. LarryF

LarryF LawnSite Bronze Member

MrC,

I bought the 7001 for $420 which included shipping charges from Texas to NJ, which is only 25 bucks more than what you are quoting for the 5100. That price also included the Redmax warranty. I'm so pleased with it that I gave my previous backpack blower away. Let me know if you want info on the dealer I got it from.

6. MrC

MrC LawnSite Member
    from Jersey

LarryF, would you mind sending me the dealer info.
    Thanks

7. LarryF

Landscape Supply
    305 S. 28th Street
    Waco, TX 76710
    254 753 7900

I bought an EB7001RH on 8/14/06 for $400 and the shipping was $20. And by the way, a few months after I got it, someone on this forum mentioned that there was a free upgrade to that blower, so I brought mine to a local Redmax dealer here in NJ with my sales slip and the warranty registration card, and he did the upgrade at no cost to me. Landscape Supply has other Redmax products in case you want to check on the prices of something different.

Good luck!

8. MrC

MrC LawnSite Member
    from Jersey

Thanks LarryF!!! Is there anyone I should ask for?

9. LarryF

I can't decipher the scribbled signature of the one who signed the warranty registration, but the printed sales receipt identifies him as SALESMAN 001/001. I suspect it may be a one-man organization and whoever answers the phone should be able to help you. I had gotten this tip from someone else in this LawnSite forum, which implies that others have also purchased from Landscapers Supply.

10. MrC

MrC LawnSite Member
    from Jersey

Thanks again LarryF! I was searching the company and I think I came across one of your previous post which provided a website http://www.texasmowerparts.com. Their contact information is the same as you gave me so it's obviously the same place. They are not offering free shipping on the 7001 or prices on the 4401. I'll give them a call and see what they can do. Thanks again for the info.