1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

redmax 4800

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by selnoil, Oct 23, 2004.

1. selnoil

selnoil LawnSite Member

We've got a Redmax 7001 and I'm looking to get a 2nd blower. I'm thinking that the 4800 may be a good unit. It blows about 40 MPH and 175 CFM less. I most cases for cleanups I'm not sure I need all the extra blow power. Usually we just blow the stuff out for the Walker to pick up and on some properties blow it to the leaf vac. Plus its $150.00 less.

Whats your thoughts?
    Anyone with a 4800?

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

A friend of mine has a 4800. He uses it at his house, he isn't in the biz. I've used it a few times just playing. Personally I would spend the extra and get another 7001.

Let me explain it like this...I have a Stihl B/P and thought when I bought the first 7000 I would use the Stihl for grass season and the 7000 for leaves. Once grass season started I used them both to test it. The Stihl never came off the trailer again. Why? Simple, time is money. While the Stihl would do the job, it took longer. The added power of the Redmax made it easier and faster. It save me time daily, which turned into added time weekly and then it turns into added time yearly. You need to look at efficiency not only from a job standpoint, but a long term standpoint. The added $150 to the cost will be offset REAL quick with effeciency.