Redmax 6200

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sailinstud420, May 11, 2004.

1. sailinstud420

sailinstud420 LawnSite Senior Member

I need specific feedback on a redmax 6200 backpack blower. Anyone use these? What do you think? Do they have enough power??? Please let me know ASAP. Thanks!!!

2. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

buy a stihl. they are much better and reliable

3. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Stihl doesn't even compare to RedMax. Please, come on...

4. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Replies like yours are completely useless since they don't back up the statement with any evidence.

5. Rtom45

Rtom45 LawnSite Senior Member

We have 6 RedMax blowers, thats all. 14 person grounds crew and thats what they ask for when we buy new or replace older ones. Our mechanic likes them too.

6. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Alright guys, no need to get all upset because i said something that you don't agree on. Let me put it this way. I prefer stihl over redmax, atleast the leafblowers. Everyone has thier pros and cons about both brand but that is my opinion. Stihl in my opinion is better than redmax.

7. sailinstud420

I do appreciate the response, but i was asking if you like the redmax 6200, not just redmax brand in general. I would like a stihl but can't afford it, and i came across a lightly used 6200. I want to know whether or not you people think it does an adequete job of cleanup. Please respond soon. Thanks

8. sailinstud420

Anyone? YOu think 175 is a good deal if it runs really strong and looks decent? Any way to check to see how warn out it is? 2 strokes can be hard to tell.