1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Redmax 6500rh blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lightninglawn, Mar 7, 2012.

1. lightninglawn

lightninglawn LawnSite Member

I know the best blower topic has come up 100's of times on here but I wanted to know if anyone has tried the new redmax 6500rh blower. I was set on buying an Echo 770t this spring but I saw the redmax today and it seemed like a nice blower for over $100 less. Any thoughts appreciated.

2. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

It has the same basic engine as the RM 7500/ Husky 570 BTS, and is in fact the RM counterpart to the Husky 560 BTS. It must have a slightly smaller fan, and smaller diameter tubes on it. It turns up the same MPH as the 7500/570, but about 100 less CFM . It doesn't have the top mounted air filter either, which helps keep dirt away from the filter better, but also sticks up off the top of the machine and makes it bulkier. I have the Husky 570 BTS, and flat out love it.

I'd say for $100 bucks less, the new RM 6500/Husky 560 would be a darn good blower!

3. RTR Landscaping

RTR Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

It really performs well. My dealer sells the for $399. The biggest difference is the air cleaner is on the side rather than the top like other RedMax blowers. We have 4 of them and so far no problems. It has the same engine as the EBZ7500 and is $100 less.

4. FlCutBuddy

FlCutBuddy LawnSite Member

ok ...same price down here, @ $399 a hundred bucks cheaper than MAGNUM that my dealer said is a over kill on power.i have no problem with mine...