redmax 7001 blower problem

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by snapper, Apr 14, 2006.

1. snapper

snapper LawnSite Senior Member

Okay some times it starts and runs fine, some times it will start but wont go wide open. I have read of people having similiar problems but never a solution. Seems to be worse when its hot. I figured a carb kit first, but if that dont work? what next? Anybody else have these probs? Howdya solve them??

later!! chris
  2. 2k1yzfr1

2k1yzfr1 LawnSite Senior Member

I have the same problems with my 8000 with no solution. I made a post in the repair forum and someone said to try new fuel like, since the stock line is paper thin? Supposedly this fixed his, but I haven't had the time to run and get different fuel line. I kinda regret getting rid of my 5 year old worn out Echo 601.......even though it was down on power it would start on the first pull and run flawless right when you hit the trigger.
  3. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I started a thread on this topic about two weeks ago in the repair forum. I've had two 7000's and two 8000's and they've all done this. The 8000 I bought last has been the worse one now that the heat is here. I've pretty much had it. I emailed RedMax over a week ago about it but that of course has gotten zero response.

I've changed the plug, pulled the air filter, kept fresh fuel, changed fuel filter, and even run it without the grommet which holds the fuel line in the tank. Some have said the heat causes the grommet to swell and restrict the fuel flow but removing it did absolutely nothing to remedy the situation.

It's pretty sad when my 4400 performs better than my 8000. Monday, the 8000 goes back to the dealer and I'm telling them to fix it for good, replace it, or give me my money back. This is really getting old.:dizzy:

An 8000 in the winter, a 2000 in the summer.:hammerhead:
  4. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

I e-mailed redmax as well. This has just started happening again with heat in the high 80's down here. It really makes no cense at all as to why this is occurring. The fact that it apparently happened on a 7001 points away from the strato charged engine and towards the lean carb settings. The thread in the mech and repair forum listed something about adjusting the carb to run richer but since it is a unadjustable carb, I dont see how it is possible :confused: . One thing is for sure, this crap is getting old.
  5. 2k1yzfr1

2k1yzfr1 LawnSite Senior Member

I had a 7001 prior to this 8000 which my dealer purchased it back from me after replacing almost everything on the 7001. Now that it has been in the high 80's the 8000 is doing the exact same as the 7001. Surely with these problems someone at Redmax should be able to figure this problem out. My dealer says I'm the only person having any problems......but I'm just about the only one with an enclosed trailer. It seems like the problem goes away for me when I leave the blower in the back of the truck between yards. :confused: I am going to get the different fuel line on monday and see if that fixes it.
  6. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

If any of you guys figure this mess out, please post it. I'm sure we'll all be monitoring this post for results. Good Luck:dizzy:
  7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I am convinced that these carb are the problem...across the board I would guess. On Echo they still have two adjusting screws on the carb on the 630 blower models and I can usually tune those unit for cold/warm/hot weather. On the bigger units without carb adjustment.....can't make them run across all temp after they get a couple years old. On one Echo 650 I got a new carb with an adjustable(one jet screw) and that helped a lot. Same on the trimmers.....when I replaced the carb with the ones with at least a single jet adjustment we seem to get acceptable results in HOT weather. On our Stihl blowers 420 I ground out the plastic around the two adjusting screws on those carb and adjusted for hot weather and that helped. Unfortunately there isn't anything to hold the screws from turing like on Echo...but it inproved the hot situation. We stopped buying any trimmers that don't have at least one jet adjusting screw and on blowers we must have two adjusting screws..period.
  8. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

They have a double barrel style carburator as well...anyone figure out how the strato charging works?
  9. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i have a redmax hand blower thats done this for 10 yrs now. NOTHING helps. i gave up and use it as a winter blower and put it away when the temp hits 80. none of any of my other redmax stuff does this. i guess i am not alone.
  10. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

I have a problem similar to yours with a EB7001 I have. It runs fine 80% of the time. Then every once in a while on a really hot day, when running on full throttle it "skips" so to say. It acts like you gently pressed the kill switch just enough to make it shut down for a split second an then keep running. I can tell if it helped or not, but someone told me it was a pressurizing issue with the gas tank. The solution they came up with was to not run the blower with less than a 1/2 tank and to open the gas cap before starting to let the pressure out.