Redmax 7001 rips :) but???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BryPaulD, Sep 9, 2004.

1. BryPaulD

BryPaulD LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

Finally got my blower :blob3: :cool2: :cool: But I was wondering if it is normal for the blue smoke to come out of the exaust like it does, or should it burn clean??

2. riches139

riches139 LawnSite Senior Member

Burns clean if you use Amsoil 80 or 100 to 1. payup

3. BryPaulD

from MI

hmm, I used the echo stuff. Same as trimmer

4. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

You really should try the Amsoil or Omni ect, ect. None of my 2 cycle equipment smokes at all. (including the 7001s) Below is a pic of one of our 7001s at full throttle... no smoke!!!!!!

5. BryPaulD

from MI

I will look into the amsoil. I never noticed my trimmer smoke?? The gas I just put in the blower was the last of the tank though. I shoud try to dump it into the trimmer. Then refill the gas tank with the different oil and premium gas. The blower does run great though, it just smokes.

6. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

I dont use amsoil and my 2 cycle equip doesnt smoke. I just use the cheap 1 gallon 2 cycle oil and mix the correct ratios. No problems with carbon build up. And I still leave the spark arresters on the exhaust.

7. J.Gordon

J.Gordon LawnSite Senior Member

I use Opti-2 because itÂ’s easier to find than Amsoil. I agree with Metro Lawn about these oils! But I mix mine a little richer. (About 50/1) no smoke and no fouled plugs.
    Jeff

8. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

I use the redmax oil, mixed as intructed, 50:1, no smoke, no build up, just raw power.

9. BryPaulD

from MI

I'll try a different oil. Could it be that the machine is new??

10. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

You need a smokeless oil. Opti-2 is what I run. Any other top line oils will be good. Regular ole 2 stroke oil usually smokes.