1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Redmax 7001 shocking me

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by AVERDEROSA, Apr 11, 2005.

AVERDEROSA LawnSite Member

Just bought another 7001 but every time you touch the thottle you get a shock. Never had this happen on any of my other ones. Looking for a fix. :help:
  2. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

I get that with my 8000.. When I hit the throttle I am shocked at how much power comes out of the tube.....

I know what you mean but never had it happen on a blower, are you sure there are no lose connections? Not sure why the plastic throttle would be passing a current.
  3. theturfsurfer

theturfsurfer LawnSite Member
    from mtka,MN

My understanding of this problem is the shock is from static electricity. I know the blowers use to have a braided wire inside the tube that helped minimize the shock.
  4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Do a search this has come up a couple times already. Maybe it is a static charge?
  5. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

My Redmax blower does that every now and then
  6. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Good one...
  7. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

The new Stihl blowers have anti static wires inside the tube, way kewl.
  8. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have only had that problem with EVERY redmax trimmer I have used 7 diff ones. But never with my 8000
  9. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

That will happen to me in certain instances when I am in a real dusty environment with my Shindy EB630. It is static. I can't really telll ya what to do except stay away from your gas cans.

10. Smalltimer1

Smalltimer1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Wear gloves!