Redmax 7100 hip or tube throttle

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by vanderveen44, Nov 21, 2009.

1. vanderveen44

vanderveen44 LawnSite Member

What do you suggest getting..hip or tube throttle and why?

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I am not buying any more tube throttles......on Echo there isn't a good way to keep the handle from turning 360 degrees and ripping either the cable or the wires off. Now maybe Redmax has that fixed but I think the hip trottles would be less trouble. I am the repair guy so always thinking that angle.

3. RDA

RDA LawnSite Member

I had a hip throttle on my previous backpack blower, it worked fine, but when I bought my Redmax 7100, I went with the tube throttle and I prefer it. I have only had it one year but I haven't had any issues with the cable/wires as the tube only rotates a certain amount.

Regards,

Rich

4. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Do both the hip & tube throttles have cruise control?

They prolly do...but we all know what ASSUME means...:dizzy:

5. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I prefer the hip throttle myself.

6. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i prefer the tube throttle so that i have one hand free at all times

7. LALawnboy

LALawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

I definitely prefer tube throttles. When I bought my Echo 755, it was a hip throttle, but I changed it to tube throttle today. I'll never buy another blower with hip throttle.

8. 12Valve

12Valve LawnSite Member
    from NC

Ive run echo with hip throttle...never could get used to it. I guess its personal pref but i live the br550 tube myself.

9. W.L.M.

W.L.M. LawnSite Senior Member

I ran hip throttle when I worked for my old man. However, both of my current bp's are tube throttle and I would never run a hip throttle again. I just feel like you have better control with the trigger of the tube throttle.

10. rvpkanapsky

rvpkanapsky LawnSite Member

I like the tube throttle, but the wire always seems to come of the metal hanger on the tube