RedMax 8000 a Bust ?!?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Fareway Lawncare, Aug 17, 2004.

1. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Ordered the 8000 last month Sight Unseen & w/out knowing Specs....Blowers to arrive within a Week or 2 & Dealer now has Specs...

943 CFM-housing--203 mph.

My Echo 750's Blow Harder than my 7001...Barely...But I prefer the RedMax for Daily Mow & Blows...Lighter....

Regardless I ordered the 8000 Specifically for Leaves but according to Specs it Still Looks to Fall Short of the Echo 750...

943 CFM-housing--203 mph.

This may just Be a Carb Compliant Blower w/no real performance improvement...

...We Shall See....

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Actually the book is 971 cfm.

3. Fareway Lawncare

from Canada

@ housing ?...that still falls short of the Echo 750....Like I said I haven't got my Hands on One Yet but the Specs don't Look that Great.....The Max AS is actually less than the 7001 by 1MPH....

4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Thats why i just got the 750. It also starts and runs better when cold then the 650 and fits in my back pack blower rack better, because my 650 fit there. :D

John

5. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Casey, why don't you just wait until you have it and use? THEN post back!

6. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

^^ then he can have the ultimate judgement!!

7. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

yes, i agree with viper.

let is know how it works, since you really do have the ultimate collection!!

8. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Beleive me Odin, I take caseys posts with a grain of salt.

My point was that he doesn't even have it yet and he's questioning whether or not it's a bust. He should wait until he has it in his hands and uses it a while, then he can post his opinions all he wants (which again, will be taken with a grain of salt).

9. Fareway Lawncare

from Canada

You people Need to Relax....I'll Have the Blower In Hand Shortly...It's the Specs I'm Asking About...Dealer Specs were Lower than I eXpected & Definately Lower than the Echo 750...

Regardless I'll Be Sure to give Odin a Full Report w/pics after some use.....

10. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I have to stay with echo on back pack blowers. The dealers that carrie redmax suck. But i will say i'm happy with the 650 & 750 and know you all will be happy with the 8000.
    John