Redmax 8000 fell off the trailer from 5' high @ 50 mph!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CURBAPPEAL NC, Mar 18, 2006.

1. CURBAPPEAL NC

CURBAPPEAL NC LawnSite Member

my blower fell off the trailer today (dont ask why) fell from about five feet high and I was going about 50mph. It tumbled, rolled, slid for about 75 feet . Picked it up had a few scuff marks on it. got to the job and started right up! These thing are rock solid! oh yeah it was only used twice so i was initially p'd when it fell but its fine! So if your rough on your equipment like me lol get a Redmax!

2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

I am NOT calling you out on this at all. I am assuming that it fell onto a hard surface if you were traveling 50mph, and I wouldn't doubt for one minute that it started up because it is commercial grade thus should be better built. Buy it is just really hard to believe that falling from 5' at 50mph and tumbling, rolling, and skidding another 75' that none of the plastic housing broke.

3. CURBAPPEAL NC

Well its true, thats what I thought looking out the rear view "its gone" but it had pretty good scuffs on it and thats it nothing broke or came loose at all. It was hard surface, Asphault. It was at least 50mph, I was being modest, could have been more. I couldn't make this up! I may be DUMB but im not a Liar!;)

4. Jay's Lawncare

Jay's Lawncare LawnSite Member

what street were you on in fayetteville? Hope it wasnt a busy street because you know how the traffic is in fayetteville

5. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

next time i come to fayetteville i will look you up and follow you . heck i may pick up some good equipment .:laugh: :laugh: j/k glad it aint broke.

6. MMLawn

Slow up there Charlie....nobody called you a liar....show me where they did? What I said was that under the posted circumstances that I found it really hard to believe (and I still do) that a completely PLASTIC housing product could possibly fall from 5' high at 50mph onto a very hard surface and traavel another 75' twisting and tumbling and not break or even crack a single piece of that plain molded plastic housing. If that is the case I am sure that NASA would like to get the chemical makeup of that plastic.

7. CURBAPPEAL NC

Bingham Dr.

MM Lawn, I didnt say you called me a liar, I was just stating that I wasnt one, I took no ofense to your comment! It mostly slid if that makes you feel better.

8. perfectlawncare

perfectlawncare LawnSite Member

(Slow up there Charlie....nobody called you a liar....show me where they did? What I said was that under the posted circumstances that I found it really hard to believe (and I still do) that a completely PLASTIC housing product could possibly fall from 5' high at 50mph onto a very hard surface and traavel another 75' twisting and tumbling and not break or even crack a single piece of that plain molded plastic housing. If that is the case I am sure that NASA would like to get the chemical makeup of that plastic.)

I've had a similar thing happen to my Stihl Chain saw. Nothing broke just a bunch of scratches. Go Redmax I love them too.

REMEMEBER YOU CANT FIX STUPID!!! GOOD CALL LOL

9. MMLawn

No sweat. Just remarkable. I hope if one of mine ever falls off it does the same, but with my luck it will not only break but take out a couple of Porsches with it when it does....

10. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Mike, I have never been lucky like this either! When I lose something there is not enough pieces to even attempt to bother with and my favorite is when I back over a piece of equipent and its usually my newest and most expensive.