1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

redmax 8000 owners

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stevo22, Aug 19, 2004.

1. stevo22

stevo22 LawnSite Senior Member

got mine today...question for those that have one w/ a little time on it...does it have a breakin period???seems like my 2yr old 7000 blew more air than the new one...this thing is a hoss...pretty comfortable though with the waist strap with it...someone made me an offer on my 7000 that i couldn't pass up...
  2. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

i've heard two tanks of fuel and being easy with the throttle, i just replaced the fuel filter in my 7000 yesterday, big power boost
  3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Most of my blowers got better with hours. Usually a few days in leaf season or a week or two during cutting.
  4. selnoil

selnoil LawnSite Member

I'm not sure who wrote the thread but a few days ago a guy wrote about a similar issue. He also complained about the lack of air with the 8000. He said his 7001 was much more powerful.
  5. littlenic

littlenic LawnSite Member

I don't have a 7001 but I just got a 8000 today. At the dealership I wasn't impressed, but in the field I was, It can blow faster than you can walk ("even faster than my son can walk, I walk slow"). If it's going to get better then great, You don't have to wave it around to move things, we were blowing 3"x8" sticks/logs like leaves. Hope this dealer is as good as my Stihl dealer, (be hard to match much less beat). If Stihl had done something with its 4mix I would have waited but the don't have a date for when they will have a new one. Needed another + a backup for fall.

On a different note, I really like this site, in fact I have it as my home page. This is so different than my old life. Pretty cool watching my son grow if I can keep from firing him everyday. To all the people that have given me info. and help and all the people that are like me just learning so much from so many, thanks for it all.

God bless, littlenic
  6. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Specs don't Look Impressive...at Least the Ones Dealer Gave Me...This may be a case of Redmax Needing to Meet some of the Enviro-Nut Regulations...

Regardless, I'll be an "Owner" Shortly so Time Will Tell.....
  7. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

i'm working with one right now for a TURF field test article. Very interesting blower. Not sure what to make of it yet. ANyone done the alleged brick test?
  8. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

I tested the 7001 and the 8000 "back-to-back" and there was a clear and obvious difference...the 8000 'blew' the 7001 away !

These were the Redmax reps units, both looked new.

I 'spose they could have been 'rigged', but they are selling both units...not discontinuing the 7001, so I have to think they were regular, standard-issue blowers.
  9. NoWalk4Me

NoWalk4Me LawnSite Member

When buying my 8000 a week ago I ran both the 7001 and the 8000. He had several 7001's and a great price on them so I was very tempted. Granted I was only blowing around stuff in the sales lot but there seemed to be a noticeable difference in power. Enough so that I paid about $90 more for the 8000. Replacing my 420 Stihl there was a HUGE difference. One street I mow into (no curb/gutter) that used to take me 2 passes to blow off only took one!
  10. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

the clearest differance that i have found between the 7001 and 8000 is it will blow clippings from under a car and over the curb without the operator having to bend down and shove the tube half way under the car and when you do work at alot of commercial complexes where cars are in your way non stop that is a very valuable piece of equipment.