Redmax 8000?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnmaniac883, Aug 5, 2005.

1. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Ok guys, im going to be needing a good bp blower soon. I have a large church parking lot to maintain along with the surrounding grounds. This is my only commercial accnt but I have 15 - 20 residentials. I am asking for your opinion on the Redmax 8000 blowers. Those who have used these, how well do they work? Also if you could throw in a baseline price so that I dont get jipped when trying to get one. Thanks

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We bought 3 last October. They are pretty impressive to say the least. Think I paid like $525 each.

3. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

You might want to talk to Travis at Landscape Supply, he has the best deals on the 8000's

4. rodfather

What about any warantee work then??? As I seem to remember, you are SOL.

5. T Edwards

T Edwards LawnSite Member

I was looking at the 8000 model earlier today and it was listed at $529.
    The less powerful 7001 was $489 and a few pounds lighter. I'm not getting any younger. 25# plus 5# of fuel is a lot to lug around and put on and take off several times each day. The difference in CFMs is about 240, which is significant (35% stronger).

The 8000 has a 2 year warranty vs 1 year for the 7001.

6. rodfather

I am 50 and have both. The little extra weight is nothing compared to the power of the 8000...plus you will finish sooner.

7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

The weight is the MOST important thing when you are going around parking lots. We have 2 BIG HEAVY PB650 that use a lot of gas and take a lot of maintenance if you really use them. Get $400 Stihl BR420 it will be just fine for BOTH the church parking lot and the residential. If you need a lot of blow power we got a 13HP Billy Goat walkbehind that we use on parking lots when there is a lot of leaves. Billy is bigger than 2.5 Redmax 8000 units according to advertisement and I belive it.

8. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a Redmax 8000 and love the power. However, for the summer work, I use my old Echo PB403.

The Redmax is great for leafwork and for blowing clippings in the spring, when the mowing debris sticks a little more persistently. However, the dinky little Echo is adequate this time of year. Summer mowing debris is pretty dry and dusty and to be frank, I find that the Redmax just kicks up a lot of dust that I'd rather not breathe.

9. rodfather

Exactly Mark. I use our Echo 750's during the normal course of the year...8000's for Fall Cleanups.

10. Markf

Markf LawnSite Senior Member

As Rodfather says the weight is nothing. My daughter works with us and she can handle it with no problem. As far as warranty work, we bought ours from Travis and a key broke on the the fan shaft. Took it to the dealer I buy eXmark from and it was fixed within the day. Maybe it depends on the local dealer?
    Mark