Redmax 8000

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by meets1, Sep 9, 2005.

1. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I know there are many threads on this blower but I had to have my own chance to simply say --------------------------------

A W E S O M E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

How much do the redmaxes run?

3. meets1

I bought mine for $459.00 with a full tank of gas!

4. dmc456

dmc456 LawnSite Senior Member

Do they come with a 2 gal tank? They must use a ton of gas.

5. meets1

Don't know what the tank will hold but we had a real bad hail storm. Bad enough to get out the skid and scrape out a few condo's driveways. Anyway - the leaves, nice and green are 6' thick here - which is usually. This blower smoked all our other blower and ran all day. There is still gas left in the tank but it won't last the day tomorrow. It is a little heavier than what the guys are used to but the productivity is just awesome!

6. bondman35a

bondman35a LawnSite Member

I agree with you totally, I just got mine yesterday and it is one serious unit. I just might buy another one.

7. dmc456

dmc456 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm sure they are awesome for leaves or storm clean-up, but I think it would be over kill for most applications (blowing grass clippings off driveways). I still love my Kawasaki 400 bowers for the everyday work.

I just got a new 400A today and man is it quiet and smooth. My other 2 are 4-5 years old and run a little rougher but have the same power. We had one fly off a trailer today and when it hit the asphalt the blower didn't do so good. The driver said he had to swerve to miss and oncoming car. Oh well..... Better the blower than the entire truck and trailer

8. mcambrose

mcambrose LawnSite Senior Member

Received mine Thursday. I tried it Friday and it is very powerful. It has a good bit more power than my RM 7001 and my Shindaiwa B630. Try floating a basketball in the air with it. You can do it on mid speed and even hold it out at 45 degrees.

9. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

You hit the nail right on the head. :rolleyes:

We have three BP blowers. Echo PB650, Echo PB605, and the Redmax 8000. We are taking the redmax out of the enclosed trailer and not using for ordinary/everyday BP blower 'tasks'. It is way to bulky/heavy and is overkill for clearing grass clippings from sidewalks and driveways. It takes more time to get the darn blower on/off the hook in the trailer than it does to take the 605 off the hook, start her up, blow off the driveway and secure her back in the trailer.

For leaf cleanup, yes, it does very well. However, with that said, I still prefer our 650 over the 8000. IMHO, the pros of the 650 far outweigh the 'power' aspect of the 8000.

I dunno, if you read mosts posts on the 8000 they make it seem that it blows away (no pun intended :p ) the competion. Sorry, had it side by side with a 3-4 year old 650 and it kept pace with the 8000.

10. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

some of you guys must be moving bricks with those blowers, i generally only have to blow clippings or leaves.... :p :p :p

played with one at the dealers..., couldnt afford it now but......WOW