Redmax 8001 Banned in California!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by desert rose gardening, Nov 16, 2006.

1. desert rose gardening

desert rose gardening LawnSite Senior Member

I finally decide to go with the 8001, then I find out they can't be sold in California, they don't pass clean air standards out here. I can get the 8000 so I will settle for next best.

2. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Buy a 8001 online from ebay. They will never know the difference.

3. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

Took the words out of my mouth...

4. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

A card that came on my 8001, says a air index of (3) whatever that means. Wonder how that stacks up against the others?

5. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

They should just ban California period. They need their rules and regs stuck #@*^% They want there swimming pools, autos, electricity, but they want the polution to go some where else. I lived there so I'm not knocking the people just the stupid rules.

6. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

Ha! :laugh:

Did California implement tighter restrictions? Or did Redmax just tweak the 8001 a wee bit too much?

The 8000 was 'available in California'.

7. LarryF

LarryF LawnSite Bronze Member

Banned in California!!!! I suspect that's the best testimonial RedMax could have possibly gotten for those in other states who might be considering the purchase of an 8001. I wonder how many 8001s running at the same time would it take to equal the emitted polution of one city bus. Hundreds? Thousands?

8. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Isnt the 8001 their stratocharged engine? I thought those were the cleaner ones.

9. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

Yep - Redmax speak = anything with a 'z' - EBZ8001 - HBZ2600 - PSZ2500 - ZZ Top - is sporting the Strato-charged tech.

10. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

even if u get one off ebay make sure you have a dealer that will buy u replacement pieces