Redmax 8001 question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by J.T.M., Apr 4, 2008.

1. J.T.M.

J.T.M. LawnSite Member

On the redmax web site they say that the 8001 puts out 915 cfm of air. Does anyone know if this is with or without the tube? Thanks, Jon

2. J.A.G LAWNCARE

J.A.G LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

Hello I love my red max i have a 7001 and 7000 they blow great 7001 has great power.7000 5 years old no proplems :weightlifter:

3. thegreensideup

thegreensideup LawnSite Member
    from SE PA

That is without the tube, with the tube I believe it is 685 cfm.

4. deason

deason LawnSite Member

Why would you run one without the tube? :hammerhead:

I dont know what the numbers are on the cfm but I will tell you this.... We have 2 8001s and I have seen them scatter a pile of bricks. Absolutely the best bang for your buck.

5. UrbanGreen

UrbanGreen LawnSite Member

Im not sure about the answer to your question but if you are looking to buy a blower they are the best blowers you can get. Started with echos and then got two ebz8000's and that difference was night and day. When I needed another blower I bought stihls so called great blower but it still didnt have near the power of the redmax. Also I have had the ebz8000 for 3 yrs, an 8001 for 2 yrs, and the stihl I just bought in fall....I have only had to change spark plugs and one gas tank on the redmax's but the stihl has spent more time in the shop than on back.

6. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Thats why I use Echo since their tests are done with the tube on and they don't pad their results just to make sales. I have used Redmax blowers and their decent but Echo's are much more reliable and will outlast Redmax by several years. I know this because all of my Redmax blowers are dead and my Echo's are still going strong. I only use Echo's now for this very reason.

7. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Redmax 8001 will blow pieces of concrete out of a drive if you are not careful:laugh: I have read too many pros and cons on here about how long they last to get a true picture.
    You could drop an echo from off a 10 ft tall roof and it would probably keep on running strong:drinkup: Echo's are very durable

8. prizeprop

prizeprop LawnSite Senior Member

I was told from my dealer that redmax requires you to run 93 octain to honor the warranty.First I heard of it .I brought in a 8001 with 20 hours on it because of low power.The rep on the phone ask if I was using 93 octain,There still trying to figure it out after 8 days and wont give the ok for a replacment blower.I was pissed and bought another but just signed for it.Someone is going to eat the one at the shop. not me.