Redmax 8500?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ben's Landscape, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Ben's Landscape

Ben's Landscape LawnSite Bronze Member

I just saw an ad for a redmax 8500 bp blower on this site. i went to the redmax website and its not on there.

Im looking to buy a 8050 but if redmax is making a new one bigger backpack i may just buy that.

Anyone know whats going on with this? Thanks

2. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

I haven't heard anything either. I'd be interested...the 8050s seem to lack power compared to the 8001s.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
  3. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I'm not sure...I heard a rumor on here that there talking about a 9000 series which will give me a hunchback like no other, lol. But I would still buy it! haha Not sure if there's any truth to these rumors though. My dealer hasn't heard anything yet. I will ask the RedMax booth at the NJLCA show though.

4. Ben's Landscape

Thanks Bill i will call my dealer also because im courious now. hahaha. yeah but can you imagine the power of a 9000 series? it would kill your sholders and back but it would be worth it! wish i had a good trade show around here like you have.

5. Ben's Landscape

really? i thought they were the same as the 8001's just as a different number on them huh

6. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

I thought so too...must be some more emissions crap. I mean, I might be wrong, I only used an 8001 once and own an 8050, so my "feel" might be off.

7. Ben's Landscape

ah maybe. i didnt think there was any difference at all but who knows im just going off of what my dealer said haha.

8. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Spoke to a Redmax rep a couple of weeks ago. He said they are, in fact, working on two new blowers that are more powerful, yet lighter and with better fuel economy. That was all he knew about it at that time. If this is true Redmax is addressing some of the issues (weight) that have been raised.

9. Ben's Landscape

so did he saw like a release date or anything? i just hate to buy a 8050 right now and have a new one come out like the week later you know?

That would be a sweet blower once it hits the market! thanks for the info!!

10. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I believe the 8050 did have some emissions changes and therefore feels slightly less powerful. It's probably just in my head, but same with when I had a 7001, then also bought a 7100. Always felt the 7001 had slightly more power. Like I said though, it might be all in my head!