1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

redmax attatchments?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fga, Feb 28, 2005.

1. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

i don't know the name of it, but the redmax trimmer set up, where you can use several attatchments, like stick edger, hedge trimmer, trimmer head...etc.

any feed back on this?i need to buy another trimmer, but also need the extended reach hedge trimmer. thought this set up might be what i need.

does the connection hold tight, or broken prematurely? i need the head to pivot for taller hedges. anyone have this machine?
  2. Greenside Landscaping

Greenside Landscaping LawnSite Member

we have one and love it, its a few years old and no problems yet
  3. fga

does it go together easy, or do you have to use wrenches?
  4. RobH

RobH LawnSite Member

I got the hedge trimmer attachment for my Redmax trimmer. You take off the weedwacker head with allen keys and the hedge trimmer attachment slides on rather easily. You just have to tighten up the screws with the allen keys again. You can also adjust the hedge trimmer to cut on a 90 degree angle so that you can go across the top of a hedge with this adjustment lever. Very easy to use.

It gets a little heavy on the arms after a while but I totally recommend it. It makes life so much easier, the jobs look better, and you will finish faster.

Your dealer should be able to order one. Now I'm thinking of getting the chain saw attachment.
  5. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

adam i got one, it's excellent. it's a weedwacker, with hedge trimmer, and chainsaw attachment. if you only want the hedge trimmer though, they make a nice long extension, with a long blade. it's a hedge only. i think it's like $450. i am buying one within a couple weeks. you can try both of them so you can decide which one you like. with the first one, it's all quick disconnect, no tools required.
  6. greenngrow

greenngrow LawnSite Senior Member

I have had mine for about3 years now... A great item to have. The only problem I had is the tightening knob, it went missing. No big deal I just use a bolt to tighten up the attachments.

Got mine for about $895.00 That included edger, hedge trimmer, pole saw, and string trimmer..
  7. fga

thanks for the offer, i just may take you up on that.

ideally, i really would be happy with just the trimmer, but i figured it would be cheaper and more versatile in the long run buying different attatchments.
    i didn't even think of the chainsaw. i hate heights... that would help when i'm balencing off a ladder to try to cut a big branch.
  8. fga

this is for a standard trimmer? not the one with removeable attatchments? i never heard of that. you have a name or link?
  9. RobH

RobH LawnSite Member

Yep, I'm talking about a standard Redmax weedwacker. I don't know my model number off hand, but if you go to Redmax website it should show it. I can take off the weedwacker head and attach the hedge trimmer or the chain saw (don't have chainsaw yet) to the end of the pole. You just gotta line it up. It takes about 5 minutes to do. I was and still am very impressed with it.
  10. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Yeah Shindawia has that too. I have the articulating hedge trimmer attachment for my Shin T-230 string trimmer.

But that is obviously different then what you're considering. I can't speak on Redmax stuff, but in general, I think those multi-function tools are a great idea.
    Especially is you have separate dedicated stuff already, then get a multi tool with all the attachments you need as a back up or for second smaller crew.

I do think that the attachments are a bit pricey though. But sometimes you can get a package deal and save a little.