Redmax backpack blowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Chuckduck, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Chuckduck

Chuckduck LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone have a redmax EBZ8500 blower and if so some feedback on it please. Looking to buy a redmax blower and was wanting some opinions on what I should buy

2. echo

echo LawnSite Bronze Member

There are countless posts about the 8500/580. Its the most powerful Bp blower on the market. The Husky 580 harness system is better than the Remax. Redmax/Husqvarna is the same company.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. chrisexv6

chrisexv6 LawnSite Member
    from CT

Keep in mind that Husqvarna 580 is similar to the Redmax 8500 (since Husq now owns Redmax) but has a better harness setup so its more comfortable.

The Husqvarna 570 is equivalent to the Redmax 7500, but with the same improved harness as well.

4. MRCo.

MRCo. LawnSite Member

It's a beast...but do you need all that blower? Local pro guys run the old EBZ7001s and rave on them- and the new EBZ6500 blows more for $430!

5. newguy123

newguy123 LawnSite Bronze Member

How much does the Redmax 8500 cost?

6. echo

echo LawnSite Bronze Member

Never priced the Redmax but I pay $499.99 for the 580, shipped for free, no tax, on Ebay from Pantano Equipment, a sponsor on this site. I've bought a lot of equipment from them and its usually at my door in 2 days. I did buy one a few years ago for around $475. Sometimes they have them on sale and sometimes the price is higher. Really depends on time of year.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. baileylawnservice

baileylawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

I paid 596$ with tax. I love it. It's great for leaves. I moves a bunch of air. My opinion is there is no reason to buy the biggest blower. Carrying a few pounds extra is no problem. Buy a 8500 you will not be disappointed

8. MRCo.

MRCo. LawnSite Member

EBZ8500 msrp is $570.

9. Chuckduck

Chuckduck LawnSite Senior Member

What's the difference in the 7001 and the 7500 compared to the 8500 ? Any big differences ?

Cguck

10. newguy123

newguy123 LawnSite Bronze Member

We mainly run echo. but for clean ups this year we purchased the Stihl Magnum; about $500 after tax. This thing is easily 2-3 times the Echo PB500T. But after reading a lot on the Redmax's we'll pick up a few of them for next year's clean ups.