Redmax backpack blowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Chuckduck, Nov 22, 2013.

1. echo

echo LawnSite Bronze Member

Blowing power. Nothing beats the 580/8500. I have both the 570 and 580. The 570 is lighter and less bulky and is great for everyday mow, blow and go use, but it doesn't blow like the 580 for leaves, cleanups, debris, etc...
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Buy an 8500/580 and never buy anything else every again. It simply out blows anything on the market

3. Chuckduck

Chuckduck LawnSite Senior Member

Now I Havel to go and find the best price on a 8500 ! Any suggestions or is anyone here selling one ?

4. baileylawnservice

baileylawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

I buy from the closest dealer with the best service. Price is going to be close to same at all dealers.

5. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

7500/570 ~$500
    8500/580 ~$570
    State sales tax not included.

I've never run/operated the 8500/580...but I recently purchased a RM 7500 and am mighty impressed. Had my dealer had an 8500 I would have spent the extra coin...but I needed it that day. Quite the little powerhouse for sure. Small, light & comfortable.

6. Chuckduck

Looks like I'm going to go get the 8500 ! Thanks guys for the info !
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Chuckduck

Different question but is there anything better than a redmax trimmer? Need to add another to my setup and have a older redmax that I've had for about 4 years so was wondering what you guys think ?
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. MRCo.

MRCo. LawnSite Member

I rate (older at least...not been near newer ones) Shindaiwa as the only other Redmax level machine. Older Stihls are good, but the 4 Mix is not up there. Get a 2660 MaxTorque and have at it, best all around trimmer I've used.

9. Judo

Judo LawnSite Member

Just bought one yesterday afternoon for a big cleanup we had today. We also have a Stihl BR600 and Echo 770. No comparison in pure leaf blowing power. Do yourself a favor and just get the Redmax for cleanups.

10. newguy123

newguy123 LawnSite Bronze Member

If the Redmax was a 10 on a scale 1-10, what would you put the Stihl at?