Redmax backpack strap problems

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PR0 TURF, Nov 28, 2002.

1. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

We bought 2 new Redmax EB7000's last fall. By July we had gone through 3 shoulder straps. They seemed to pull apart at the threads. When we approached our dealer with the problem (2 straps within one week) they were of no help & said it was not under warranty...:angry: They also said that they have never seen anyone else have this problem with the straps...and almost hinted that it was something we did intentionally.

Anyone else run into this problem with the straps?

Should this of been under warranty?
  2. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

hhhmmm thats odd.... Ive never had a problem with the straps on either one of my eb7000's.
  3. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

No problems here either. Check the unit to see if the way it was molded left a sharp edge. Same with where it's stored.
  4. JimB

JimB LawnSite Member

I have the same model backpak and it lives outside on the trailer and it's still perfect, no problems here.

5. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

None here either.

Used my EB-7000 almost daily since April...with zero complaints.

Straps are still in great condition.
  6. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

that should be under warranty!!!

i've heard of no problems like that, but have sold new straps $40 pair that were years old and sun beaten.

7. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

I had 2 break this past week and one last year. As stated, the stitching comes apart where the strap & paddedsections meet. On the 6200 series, you simply remove the strap and take to a cobbler (shoe repair man) and they stitch it up BETTER than new. With the newer 7000 series, the top section is actually sewn around the plastic handle (which really sucks). Today, we took the unit to the cobbler, they cut the stictches, repaired the strap and put on 2 heavy duty snaps to reattatch to the blower handle. Better than new. 2 straps repaired for $7.00. An inconvenience - most definately. As Captdevo said, years ago, the OLDER 431's we had only had to be replaced after years of wear. The new straps just don't hold up good enough IMHO!

Hello Redmax- are you listening?

8. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

I feel alot better to hear that we're not the only ones having troubles with these chincy straps
  9. Gtotoy

Gtotoy LawnSite Member

We have went through a few also. i have found that the employees that like to only use one strap when operating the backpack causes the problem. I have since outlawed the practice and ,walaaa no more problem.
  10. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd like to agree w/ you, but my guys use both straps and usually we have these problems when doing clean-ups andeveryone wears both then. Besides,they have even broken on me personally.