redmax BC250

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by antjonz, May 2, 2008.

1. antjonz

antjonz LawnSite Member

hello everyone....

I just found this forum a few days ago and simply love it. 1 question...i purchased a Redmax bc250 home series trimmer earlier this week. the salesman actually talked me out of buying a bcz2601s for 311.00. he told me that what i was using the trimmer for (home use on about .75 acre), the bc250 would exceed my expectations, and the engine was just as strong as the bcz2601s (which didn't make sense for the price difference). Well, i took the bc250 home, and it was amazing!! I finished trimming my yard in a fraction of the time it usually took me using my crappy ryobi.

My question is...was the salesman right? are they both pretty much the same? I wanted something with some power and the bc250 definitely had it, but maybe i was so used to that ryobi, that an average strength trimmer would seem powerful in my hands. Is the bcz2601s stronger? i want a strong trimmer, without having to mortgage my house to get it. i would pay the $300 if it would mean a noticeably more powerful trimmer. Thoughts? Suggestions?