1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

redmax BCZ2450T VS Husqvarna 326/327LS

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HS7885, Apr 25, 2011.

1. HS7885

HS7885 LawnSite Member

Looking for a new trimmer. Cant decide between the two. Right now we run Stihl FS80R and the older Redmax 2400s. So Im looking for something similar. The husky 326 is only 9lbs but its not a high torque trimmer. Basically looking for the best lightweight trimmer that gets the job done. LMK. Thanks.
  2. ashgrove landscaping

ashgrove landscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Husky all the way
  3. RollingsFarms

RollingsFarms LawnSite Member

i have the Husky 326ls and am acctually looking at replacing it with a Redmax trimmer here pretty soon. i can attest that the Husky doesn't rev all that high and the vibration could be better. it's not terrible, but not anything to write home about either. it would be a good backup trimmer, i wouldn't want it to be my "go to" one though.
  4. Thunderhead

Thunderhead LawnSite Senior Member

I'm seriously considering the RedMax BCZ 2460 TS trimmer. Either that one or the BCZ 2660 TS, which is $44.00 more... I'm having a tough time deciding.

How do you like the RedMax trimmers? I've never owned one but I do have a RedMax blower.
  5. Alan0354

Alan0354 LawnSite Platinum Member

I take the 326 any time of the day. Too many complains about extreme cold nature of RM and need a lot of time to warm up. Until recently, only the 25cc trimmer address the problem with an added pump for accelaration that supposed to help the cold problem. Unless they improve the strato engines, you need to really try before buy. Do a search here, many many posts about RM need special way of starting and warmup, something like turning the engine up side down and all. Do you need this? But the good side is no complains on the reliability of the RM.
  6. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I have never had to turn my RedMax upside down. I highly recommend the 2450 MaxTorque. Lightweight, smooth running and a ton of power for its size.
  7. HS7885

HS7885 LawnSite Member

What kind of work do u use it for? U run it without the guard?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. HS7885

HS7885 LawnSite Member

The Redmax are always first off the truck before the fs80rs. U do have to warm them up by holding it on its side but it doesn't take more than a few seconds. Both Redmax I have are the same way and I still prefer them over the stihls. I like that the 326ls is only 9lbs and has more power than the Redmax I'm looking at. Just worried about reliability. Never used the new high torque Redmax yet.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. Alan0354

Alan0354 LawnSite Platinum Member

From reading posts all these years here, both RM and Husqvarna have very good reliability record, very very few complains on breaking down. So I don't think this is in the equation......Which is a good thing.
  10. HS7885

HS7885 LawnSite Member

Thats good to know. We actually just switched the old backpacks we had to 7 new Husqvarna 180/380bf. Reason I question quality is because I know these are a Redmax with a different color.