Redmax bcz2600s/2601s vs. stihl fs80/85r

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by S man, May 12, 2008.

?

Which trimmer do you like better?

1. Redmax bcz2600s/2601s

19 vote(s)
    63.3%
  2. Stihl fs80/85r

11 vote(s)
    36.7%
  1. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

What's your opinion on these trimmers? Which do you like better? Just wanted to know what everyone thought. I have had both and both seem to have weird problems after a year or two. Should I be looking at a different brand or model? I want something that will last me at least 4-5 years with absolutely NO problems. Like clutch shoes, springs, gearboxes, carbs and other stuff get's screwed up on both these trimmers I have owned and used.

2. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

Buy a 4Mix!!!!

I just found out Shindaiwa T270 is only 12.3lb!! A little expensive but go search on this forum, I charllenge you to find any bad thing about it. The T261 must be the wrong weight in the catalog too. These are the two best of the best. I saw quite a few people here in my area using it. :waving:

3. S man

I think I really like redmax better. I sold my 2600s after two years because of the gearbox and bad vibration. I think it was from the head and npt from the trimmer. My stihls I have now seem to have clutch problems if you trim at half throttle for a while and then the head starts spinning really fast. The redmax just felt better also.

4. yungman

from Calif.

You don't like 4Mix??!!! You heart my feeling:cry::cry:.

5. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

I run 2 redmax bcz 2600 and a new 2610 trimmers and the only vibration I get in the "head" is when I don't load the trimmer line right. When I load the head with the exact same length on both sides there is no vibration.

6. S man

Just wondering, have you used stihl or another brand before? Envy said that some of the pt104+ heads were improperly molded which would cause it to be unbalanced and vibrate. I am mad at myself for selling my 2600s because I was still using the same top part of the head that came with the trimmer. And the trimmer was two years old. So I should have changed the entire head or put a speedfeed on there and I would probably still be running redmax instead of stihl. Need to switch back slowly now.

7. S man

Looks like redmax is ahead.

8. timmac

timmac LawnSite Senior Member

i like the stihls.

9. Country

Country LawnSite Member

Where's a choice for the Kawi KGT27A?????:laugh:

10. yungman

from Calif.

He is a Redmax at heart!!!! Don't be fool by his Stihl logo!!!:laughing::laughing::laughing: